Monday, May 3, 2010

With Three You Get Chicken Pillows

Hi Family!

We've been up to our eyeballs in transfer planning this week. We had meetings with President Jones Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday discussing missionaries' assignments for the upcoming transfer, which begins today. Once we got things settled Thursday morning, we had to hurriedly plan out when and where missionaries needed to meet us or meet each other in order to get to their new areas and meet their new companions. Friday morning we had transfer calls and since then we've been trying to tie up all the loose ends, including new car locations and completely changing the way we allocate and report mission vehicle miles, so that we'll be ready for the transfer. I've still got my fingers crossed. Thank goodness for the Lord's promise that the Comforter will "bring all things to [our] remembrance" (John 14:26). It may seem a foolish or a small thing, but I believe I have seen this promise fulfilled in a very practical way this week.

It has been really fun to serve with both Elder Barney and Elder Taylor for the week. They're two of the finest men I have ever known and I've really enjoyed both of them. I'm excited to get a second transfer with Elder Taylor -- I felt sort of gypped after just serving five weeks with him our first time around.

The baptism Saturday was great. The Spirit was really strong and Mika had a lot of support. The St. Johns elders (who first taught her) attended the baptism and the Holt elders (who taught her second) attended her confirmation. We managed to have three lessons with her before she was baptized in which we finished teaching the commandments and helping her commit herself to live according to them (lesson 4 of chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel).

It's so great to be a missionary! I am so blessed to be able to devote all my time and attention to serving the Lord by teaching the gospel to His children during these two years! It goes far too fast. Jesus Christ lives! His gospel has been restored to the earth in its fullness and is the source of joy!

I love you all!

Elder Cloward

P.S. The three of us had a delicious chicken pillow dinner with the Law family yesterday; hence, the title. (It would have been cooler had we eaten egg rolls, but I think chicken pillows really hit the spot.)

P.P.S. Pictures are ...
#203 - Elder and Sister O'Dell and me. The O'Dell's just completed their mission as a CES missionary couple here in Lansing. They're great people!



#205 - Bro. Hinckley, who baptized Mika; Mika; Justin, Mika's boyfriend who confirmed her


#207 - Elder Taylor, me, Mika, and Elder Barney



#215 - A deer in our backyard!

No comments: