Monday, May 10, 2010

Transfers and Twenty Lessons

Hi Family!

It was great talking to you yesterday! It's hard to believe how fast time flies. It feels like Christmas wasn't very long ago when I was last talking with you.

This has been a crazy-busy week, what with transfers, etc. Transfers were relatively smooth this time around, though. No snow, no last-minute changes. It was fun to see most of the missionaries, even if it was just for a few minutes while we made a stop on the transfer route.

Elder Weaver and I at transfers (it's been almost a year since we served together!)


Elder Rawlings and I at transfers (I've gotten to know him while he served in Williamston - they cover East Lansing to the mission border)

I especially enjoyed, as always, picking up the new missionaries and having orientation with them. Elder Barney was with us when we picked them up at the airport, which was fun because we didn't tell them that he would be training one of them. He was really excited to train and white-wash the Grand Rapids area. They'll do some great things!

Elder Taylor and I with President and Sister Jones, the trainers, and the new missionaries


In spite of transfers, we decided to still teach twenty lessons this week, which we did. All but four were taught Thursday evening through Saturday. For a number of the members and investigators we taught it was our last lesson with them since they were going home or off to some internship for the summer. We're trying to come up with creative ways to continue to find new people to teach since campus is mostly dead right now. At least the summer semester will start in a couple weeks.

I don't know that there is too much more to report. I love the Book of Mormon! I've especially enjoyed studying from it and discussing it with Elder Taylor this week. I don't think I could ever disbelieve the book's truthfulness. We have it by the power of God. There is no other satisfactory explanation. I know that we draw closer to God as we read from it and apply its teachings!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Cloward

Elder Taylor hanging upside down at a member's house. We put off our lesson for a few minutes so we could experiment :)

No comments: