Monday, November 2, 2009

Love You!


I finally got a picture with Paul Bunyan while on trade-offs in Oscoda.


Hi family!

We had a fantastic week, what with zone conference and everything. I learned so much this week and I'm feeling overwhelmed trying to apply everything I'm learning. It's a good feeling though.

Some highlights from Elder Pieper ...

We need to obtain an "eye of faith"! The Lord grants according to our desires (Alma 29:4). Are our desires His desires? We obtain His desire through sincere prayer and searching questions.

We have failed in our teaching if those we teach come to rely on us for the answers to their questions. Our purpose is to invite them to come unto Christ! They must learn to find their own answers through a study of the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, and by developing a personal relationship with their Heavenly Father through pondering, questioning, and praying.

We are participating in one of the most highly anticipated times in history. Nephi, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and others spoke constantly about the gathering of Israel. The Lord has given us the assignment and privilege of gathering the House of Israel and searching out His elect. Will we cheerfully submit to His will or shirk the responsibilities we accepted premortally?

It was a great conference.

Halloween was also fun. We went trick-or-treating with a part member family because Elder Morales had never been before. Apparently, El Salvador just isn't as cool as the U.S. Dia de los muertos doesn't even involve candy. :) Elder Morales had fun and I got fat.

The zone is still right on track to reach our goal for 90 by the 9th. We just need to find 23 more new investigators this week. We have a goal for five here in our area. Keep us in your prayers this week; I know the Lord will help us to exceed this goal as we place our trust and faith in Him.

I love you all and hope you're enjoying the fall! It hasn't yet snowed in Bay City, for which I'm grateful. Lots of rain this last month though.

Love you,
Elder Cloward

P.S. Some pictures:


#3 - Elder Morales uses his stealthy ninja skills to stalk delicious ice-cream-cone cupcakes.


#5 - I'm in mortal danger at the Ward Halloween Party Bean Bag Toss.


#6 - Elder Morales and I did in fact dress up for Halloween. I went as Elder Morales and he went as me.

Love you!

No comments: